July 27, 2009: TshwaneDJe announces the release of TshwaneLex Suite 4.0
Version 4.0 of the standard-setting TshwaneLex dictionary production and termbase software is now available, and has many new features:
- Smart Styles - This powerful new feature allows you to create rules of any imaginable complexity to dynamically alter the appearance of fields under different conditions (e.g. different automatic punctuation in front of a field depending on which field precedes it, or automatic highlighting of the most frequent headwords in a different colour).
- Microsoft Word Integration.
- Entry "Tagging" System - Lets you select and work with subsets of entries in far more flexible and sophisticated ways.
- Aesthetic and Usability Improvements - New toolbar and menu icons.
- New Localisations - French, Spanish, and Ciluba.
- Completely Overhauled Search and Replace - Multi-list item search and replace functionality, 'use tags', 'use filters', replace one-by-one with confirmation, and recent search queries list.
- Greatly Enhanced Statistics - Element 'details', frequency-sorted attribute values, characters-used statistics, element 'child patterns', total list item counts, font usage statistics, total child counts, and more.
- New Query Filters - Inverse search filter, various cross-reference filters, new list item filters, element child count filters, filter on modified entries, and more.
- Real-time Error/Validation Checks.
- Compare/Merge Improvements - 'Merge restrictions' allow you to merge in only certain types of information selectively; 'Tag listed entries'.
- Significantly overhauled Document Object Model (DOM) - Greater flexibility and better support for more complex and more advanced XML structures.
- Many other changes, including: New samples; 'Show all fields' view option; Tree View 'Replace with'; Documentation improvements; Improved filter highlighting; Network / multi-user improvements; New small-caps formatting mark-up and other improved mark-up behaviour; New style options; 'Suggestion' list attributes (freely editable attribute but with drop-down value selection list); Search (F3) field occurrence breakdown and per-field search statistics and filters; 'Sampling' feature for integrated corpus query tool; Right-to-Left improvements; New "DTD Optimize" tool; 'Sort key override'; Scripting-based Filters - create any conceivable kind of filter search query; Scripting-based customisable Lemma Reversal.
Our Electronic Dictionary Publishing System has also seen improvements, while the tlTerm terminology management software included with the TshwaneLex Suite is also now available separately as a standalone application [Note, just a few days left of our special on tlTerm Standalone!]. We've also recently added a new, cheaper 'Personal License' purchasing option, as well as other new licensing options.
TshwaneLex is a professional, user-friendly, internationalized, fully customisable off-the-shelf software application for compiling dictionaries of all kinds and for all languages. It allows you to reduce dictionary production time and increase the quality and consistency of your dictionaries, and allows for the publishing of dictionaries in hardcopy, online and electronic formats.
Its many features include an integrated corpus query system, real-time preview, advanced styles, "smart cross-references", automated entry reversal, automated numbering and sorting, export to MS Word, InDesign and Quark, and multi-user support for managing teams. TshwaneLex supports virtually all of the world's languages, and is based on the industry standard XML.
TshwaneDJe produces various quality language content management tools. Customers include Oxford University Press, Pearson, Longman, Macmillan, the Spanish Royal National Academy of Medicine, Grupo Clarín (Argentina), the Welsh Language Board, the Department of Justice (Canada), the Malaysian Institute of Language and Literature, and more.
The company's growth is achieved by a strict focus on professionalism, world-class quality, and delivering a solid return on investment to customers.
Other products and services include electronic and online dictionary publishing, tools for translators, data conversion (e.g. MS Word to TshwaneLex/XML), support and training, and tlDatabase, a user-friendly database editor (to be released soon).